The President is the Chief Executive Officer (CED) of St. Mary’s University, a member of the academic staff and is entrusted with carrying out the policies and programs established by the Senate. Being responsible for providing the academic leadership, the President ensures the maintenance and advancement of the academic policies of the University. In addition, the President:
- Initiates and coordinates the formulation of the strategic and budget plans;
- Represents the University in all its dealings with third parties and signs contracts and other agreements;
- Recruits, builds and retains a professional executive team to achieve effective management;
- Consults with Senate members in the development of major policies;
- Oversees the implantation of recommendations and regulations passed by the Senate; and
- Keeps the Senate informed of significant issues and conditions that have implications for the University.