With an ever increasing number of local, national and international stakeholders and partners, the International relations and communication Office of St. Mary’s University wishes to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships to help meet its objectives and hence its mission and vision.
The IRC office serves as a marketing platform and a channel of information on the activities of the University to the rest of the world. It is accountable to the President of the university and is responsible for:
Marketing, communication and public relations services to promote the University’s image, ensure its visibility and access to its quality services. These include serving as a major office for public media representation, acting as a press representative, management of sponsorships and channel of communication to internal customers.
International Relations that includes:
- Creating links with local and foreign institutions
- Seeking and availing academic and other related information for faculties and students to maximize benefit from international opportunities
- Coordinating the preparation, publication and dissemination of the University’s publications and collect feedbacks for improvement. Some of the publications among many in category are:-
- Annual Publications such as: proceedings of international conferences on private higher education, annual multidisciplinary seminar, annual student research forums , prospectus, book of profile, handbooks
- Hybrid publications that includes: Quality matters, assessment in focus, and the teacher
- Journals that include: Mizan Law Review, Journal of Business and Administrative services, Journal Of agriculture and development and
- Quarterly newsletters like SMU—in Stride prepared both in English and Amharic
- Website and social media a`dministration to edit content, authorize posting and upload of information and data, and supervise on time posting and update of such.
- Event management and documentation that include graduation ceremonies, campus and other external events, documenting those events through variety of media
- Planning and conducting marketing and public opinion research for improved performance of the university.
The IRC office considers its role critical to manage both internal and external relations in a coherent and collaborative manner in order to grasp opportunities that will contribute to both the University’s profile and reputation.
Contact us at: International Relations and Communication (IRC) Office
Tel: 011 558 06 16
Fax: 251-011- 58 05 59
PO. Box: 1211 /18490 Addis Ababa